This extremely lightweight and compact parka is made using the highest quality and ultralight materials, filled with 1000 fill power down. Featuring slightly articulated elbows and zippered pockets, this jacket is also fully featured for use as an outer layer. This is a western fit model and differs from Japanese sizes. Be sure to check the size chart before purchasing.
- Material: 7-denier Ballistic® Airlight rip-stop nylon [standard DWR treatment]
- Insulation: 1000 Fill Power EX DOWN
- Weight: 237g
- Color: BLACK (BK), RED BRICK (RDBR)
- Size: XL, XXL (Size guide)
#Actual color may vary
- Sewn thru construction
- 2-way adjustable fixed hood
- Draw cords for hem adjustment hidden in pockets
- Elastic cuffs to seal out drafts
- 2 zippered hand warmer pockets
- Front zipper: Left hand insert (Right side slider)
Dual-Axial Hood (2-way Adjustable Hood)
Adjustable at two points: A Velcro tab adjusts brim height and two draw cords adjust fit around your face. This configuration provides a lightweight system for adjusting hood fit.
Pocket Hem Adjusters
Draw cords in the waist pockets to allow you to cinch the hem tight while keeping out the winter chill.
Face Guard Zip
A flap protects your chin and face from direct contact with the zipper.
About the material: 1000 Fil Power EX Down
World Class, High Quality Down
Montbell's premium down comes from water fowl that live in regions with seasonal temperature extremes. The down balls from birds in such regions are characteristically much larger.
Large down balls hold more warm air, which translates to needing less down to provide exceptional warmth retention.
Montbell Redesigned quilting pattern helped reduce weight. Quilting is very important to prevent down from settling, however, if the pattern is too elaborate, down won't be able to loft properly which creates cold spots. This innovative quilting pattern prevents down from settling and reduces cold spots but only uses half the amount of thread as our normal quilting pattern.
About the material: 7-denier BALLISTIC AIRLIGHT®
Ballistic Airlight® is made using the same nylon polymer as Montbell Ballistic® material and a highly technical production process to create extremely fine, super thin threads. These threads are then woven into ultralight, gossamer fabrics that share the same characteristics as Ballistic®: one and a half times more abrasion resistance than other similar weight fabrics and boasts three times the tear strength of nylons that are almost 20% heavier. Additionally, Ballistic Airlight® is often woven using different techniques to create fabrics with radically different characteristics, such as fabrics that allow the garment to stretch or fabrics that "breathe" to release built up heat and moisture.
Information for Down Leakage and Clumping
Since this product is designed to be as lightweight and compact as possible, it is made using extremely thin, lightweight materials. Although the material is treated to prevent down leakage, it is possible for down to work itself out through the space between individual fibers. In the event that small feather spines or down clusters work their way through the fabric it is best to reach behind the fabric and pull the offending down cluster BACK INTO its down chamber. Gently massage the area to promote "self sealing" and re-align the fabric threads, while better distributing the down insulation.
- Hand wash / Cold
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry / Normal / Low heat
- Usually added to line or drip dry / Dry away from direct sunlight
- Do not iron
- Dry clean / Petroleum solvent only
- Wet cleaning / Mild process
- USE DOWN SPECIFIC DETERGENT
- GENTLE CYCLE WASH WITH COLD WATER AND HANG IT TO DRY
- IF YOU WISH TO USE A DRYER, PLEASE TUMBLE DRY WITH LOW HEATPATTING THE ITEM WILL HELP RESTORE LOFT TO THE DOWN
- WASHING ONLY AT THE END OF SEASON SHOULD BE ENOUGHDO NOT WASH FREQUENTLY, IT MAY CAUSE FABRIC DAMAGE