Featuring excellent windproofed insulation, this lightweight down parka provides you with the comfort you need on those pursuits in variable conditions.
*Not seam sealed and not completely waterproof.
- Material: GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® Fabrics
- 13-denier Ballistic Airlight® nylon ripstop (water repellent finish)
- Lining: 10-denier Ballistic Airlight® nylon ripstop
- Insulation: 800 Fill Power EX Down
- Weight: 354 g
- Color: BLACK (BK)
- Size: S, M, L, XL (See our size guide)
- Compressed Size: Ø14 x 18 cm
- Style #1101639
- GORE-TEX INFINIUM Windstopper to enhance weather proofing
- Sewn Through Construction keeps down insulation in place while lightening the weight
- Downproofing helps keep down from escaping through the face fabric
- 2-Way Adjustable Hood offers a close-fit and visibility
- Weather resistant Aqua-Tect Zipper keeps out water in a lightweight form
- Zip End Guard protects your chin and face
- Adjustable Alpine Cuff helps keep wind and snow out
- Pocket Hem Adjuster allows for cinching the hem while helping keep out chill air
- 4 pockets (2 zippered hand pockets, 2 internal drop-in pockets)
- Stuff sack included
- Dual-Axial Hood (2-way Adjustable Hood)
- Adjustable Alpine Cuffs
- Weather Resistant Aqua-Tect ZipperPocket Hem Adjusters
- Face Guard zip
About the material: EX Down
World class, high quality down
Montbell's premium down comes from water fowl that live in regions with seasonal temperature extremes. The down balls from birds in such regions are characteristically much larger.
Large down balls hold more warm air, which translates to needing less down to provide exceptional warmth retention.
Lightweight yet warm
When compared by weight to lower quality down, an equal amount of premium down is loftier and has better warmth retaining properties.
About Ballistic Airlight®
Ballistic Airlight® is made using the same nylon polymer as Montbell Ballistic® material and a highly technical production process to create extremely fine, super thin threads. These threads are then woven into ultralight, gossamer fabrics that share the same characteristics as Ballistic®: one and a half times more abrasion resistance than other similar weight fabrics and boasts three times the tear strength of nylons that are almost 20% heavier. Additionally, Ballistic Airlight® is often woven using different techniques to create fabrics with radically different characteristics, such as fabrics that allow the garment to stretch or fabrics that "breathe" to release built up heat and moisture.
Redesigning Montbell quilting pattern also helped reduce weight. Quilting is very important to prevent down from settling, however, if the pattern is too elaborate, down won't be able to loft properly which creates cold spots. This innovative quilting pattern prevents down from settling and reduces cold spots but only uses half the amount of thread as our normal quilting pattern.
This water resistant zipper eliminates the need for storm flaps, reducing weight and making it easier to zip and unzip.
Maintenance of Down Leakage Warning (38-102)
In the event that small feather spines or down clusters work their way through the fabric it is best to reach behind the fabric and pull the offending down cluster BACK INTO its down chamber. Gentle massage of the area will promote "self sealing" and re-align the fabric threads, while better distributing the down insulation. If at all possible avoid attempting to pull the cluster from the bag or garment. Doing so can cause the exposed cluster to tangle with others and draw them from the chamber.
- Hand wash / Cold
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry / Normal / Low heat
- Usually added to line or drip dry / Dry away from direct sunlight
- Do not iron
- Dry clean / Petroleum solvent only
- Wet cleaning / Mild process
- USE DOWN SPECIFIC DETERGENT
- GENTLE CYCLE WASH WITH COLD WATER AND HANG IT TO DRY
- IF YOU WISH TO USE A DRYER, PLEASE TUMBLE DRY WITH LOW HEAT
- PATTING THE ITEM WILL HELP RESTORE LOFT TO THE DOWN
- WASHING ONLY AT THE END OF SEASON SHOULD BE ENOUGH
- DO NOT WASH FREQUENTLY, IT MAY CAUSE FABRIC DAMAGE