This down jacket is made using Montbell’s superior techniques and materials. It uses 1000 fill power down, the highest quality down in the world, and an ultra-thin shell that is both ultra-lightweight and durable. Every small component and even the quilting pattern was given consideration in the design process to make the lightest jacket possible. Its compactness defies conventional wisdom regarding insulated clothing, allowing you experience Montbell's philosophy of "Light & Fast" firsthand.
- Material: 7-denier Ballistic Airlight rip-stop nylon
- Insulation: 1000 Fill Power EX Down
- Standard Durable Water Repellent treatment
- Weight: 116g
- Sewn thru construction / Elastic cuffs to seal out drafts / 2 hand pockets / Stuff sack included
- Compressed size: 10×13cm
- Color: Topaz
- Size: S, M, L (Size Guide)
- Stuff Sack included
- Goose and duck down sourcing
# Actual Colors may vary
A flap protects your chin and face from direct contact with the zipper.
About the material: 1000 Fill Power EX Down
World Class, High Quality Down
Montbell's premium down comes from water fowl that live in regions with seasonal temperature extremes. The down balls from birds in such regions are characteristically much larger.
Large down balls hold more warm air, which translates to needing less down to provide exceptional warmth retention.
Montbell Redesigned quilting pattern helped reduce weight. Quilting is very important to prevent down from settling, however, if the pattern is too elaborate, down won't be able to loft properly which creates cold spots. This innovative quilting pattern prevents down from settling and reduces cold spots but only uses half the amount of thread as our normal quilting pattern.
About the material: 7-denier BALLISTIC AIRLIGHT®
Ballistic Airlight® is made using the same nylon polymer as Montbell Ballistic® material and a highly technical production process to create extremely fine, super thin threads. These threads are then woven into ultralight, gossamer fabrics that share the same characteristics as Ballistic®: one and a half times more abrasion resistance than other similar weight fabrics and boasts three times the tear strength of nylons that are almost 20% heavier. Additionally, Ballistic Airlight® is often woven using different techniques to create fabrics with radically different characteristics, such as fabrics that allow the garment to stretch or fabrics that "breathe" to release built up heat and moisture.
Information for Down Leakage and Clumping
Since this product is designed to be as lightweight and compact as possible, it is made using extremely thin, lightweight materials. Although the material is treated to prevent down leakage, it is possible for down to work itself out through the space between individual fibers. In the event that small feather spines or down clusters work their way through the fabric it is best to reach behind the fabric and pull the offending down cluster BACK INTO its down chamber. Gently massage the area to promote "self sealing" and re-align the fabric threads, while better distributing the down insulation.
- Hand wash / Cold
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry / Normal / Low heat
- Usually added to line or drip dry / Dry away from direct sunlight
- Do not iron
- Dry clean / Petroleum solvent only
- Wet cleaning / Mild process
- USE DOWN SPECIFIC DETERGENT
- GENTLE CYCLE WASH WITH COLD WATER AND HANG IT TO DRY
- IF YOU WISH TO USE A DRYER, PLEASE TUMBLE DRY WITH LOW HEAT
- PATTING THE ITEM WILL HELP RESTORE LOFT TO THE DOWN
- WASHING ONLY AT THE END OF SEASON SHOULD BE ENOUGH
- DO NOT WASH FREQUENTLY, IT MAY CAUSE FABRIC DAMAGE